Female Breast Reduction Surgery in Delhi
Excessively large breasts can be a source of embarrassment and discomfort. In addition to being aesthetically unappealing, these large disproportionately breasts also cause physical distress like chronic neck, back, and shoulder pain.
If one is having trouble with large overly sized breasts, they can choose breast reduction surgery in Delhi at Aestiva Clinics to ease discomfort and achieve the ideal breast shape. breast reduction or reduction mammaplasty surgery aims to remove excess breast tissue, skin, and fat to restore the ideal body proportions.
Who is an ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery?
The surgery is performed when breast development has stopped, and one has completed with childbirth and breast feeding. Many women also decide to go for this surgery before having children to get an enhanced body shape.
Ideal candidates of breast reduction are healthy women with any of the following problems:
- Must be above 18 years of age and emotionally stable.
- breasts are too large, and sagging compared to the body frame of the patient.
- Formation of indentions in the shoulder and back area due to tight bra straps.
- Restricted physical activities due to enlarged breast size and weight.
- Excessively large breasts with sagging and downward-pointing nipples.
- Asymmetrical breasts condition where one breast is significantly larger than the other one.
- Facing difficulty in maintaining hygiene and suffering from skin irritation/chronic infection under the breasts.
- Large breast causing weight-related symptoms like chronic neck and shoulder pain
- In this surgery, excess breast tissue and skin are removed, ultimately leading women to enhance the shape and size of the breast area.
What is the cost of breast reduction surgery?
The breast reduction surgery cost in Delhi varies from patient to patient. The treatment cost depends on various factors like surgeon’s experience, incision type, the severity of the condition, patient requirements, medical tests, post-surgery garment, location of the clinic, and prescribed medications.
How to prepare for breast reduction surgery?
Prior to the procedure, the plastic surgeon,during the consultation, has a detailed discussion with the patient. Careful pre-operative planning involves a discussion about the incisions planned. The surgeon discusses with the patient about their medical history and also checks for the other medical conditions that affect the breast profile.
Before opting for the surgery:
- One must need to be in good physical shape ,which helps deliver safe results.
- The patient must without hesitation share their physical and emotional issues with the surgeon.
- The patient must quit smoking, alcohol consumption, and stop the intake of blood-thinning medications for a few weeks before the treatment to ensure proper healing.
- Follow surgeon instructions both before and after treatment.
Medical tests performed before the surgery:
- Blood tests
- Physical examination
- Allergy test
Dr. Mrinalini Sharma is one of the best female breast reduction surgeons in Delhi and ensures that the patient receives safe and satisfactory results.
What type of anesthesia is used for Breast Reduction surgical treatment?
Breast reduction is usually performed under general anesthesia. The surgery duration varies between 2 to 4 hours, depending on the extent of reduction needed.
What are the types of Breast Reduction surgical techniques?
Depending on the extent of reduction required, various techniques have been designed to reduce the breast size.
An individual breast profile and surgeon’s preferences help determine the specific technique to reduce the breast size.
1. Reduction by Liposuction: This involves reducing the fatty component of the breast without excision of glandular tissue. It can provide a small amount of reduction only and is suitable for older patients with mainly fatty tissue; however, it avoids any major incisions and ensures quick healing in the post-op period. It also helps to contour the arm.
2. Vertical or Lollipop breast reduction: This is suitable for patients with mild to moderately large breasts. It involves an incision around the brown part of the breast (areolae) running down the center to the center to the breast, it produces a single vertical scar.
3. Donut breast reduction: This is a prevalent technique in patients who have a mild breast enlargement. It involves an incision around the areola only. The scar is hidden in the brown skin and settles very well over a period of time.
4. Inverted ‘T’ or wise pattern breast reduction: This is one of the most common breast reduction techniques suitable for all candidates. It involves a vertical scar running from the areola to the breast areas. It allows the surgeon greater control of the breast shape and proportion.
How is the Breast Reduction surgical procedure performed?
Step 1: The breast reduction surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Then markings are made as per the required changes by the patient.
Step 2: Liposuction is performed to remove excess fat. The surgeon makes a cut around the nipple and then down each breast.
Step 3: Then the extra skin, muscles, tissues, glands, and fat are removed, and then the breast, nipple, and areola area are reshaped.
Step 4: The surgeon also takes care that blood supply is maintained to the nipple-areola complex, so that there is no sensation loss. The loose skin is tightened to get newly shaped breasts.
Step 5: The drainage tubes are fixed, and stitches are made to close the surgical site. Then the surgeon wraps the breasts in gauze bandages.
Note: The nipple and areola remain usually attached to the breast, and sometimes they are removed and placed at a higher position if the breasts are too large or saggy.
What are the benefits of Breast Reduction surgery?
- Improved appearance as it helps one to achieve the desired figure and body shape.
- Provide relief from skin irritation as loose skin causes itchiness and irritation.
- Provide relief from back, neck, head, and shoulder pain.
- Helps one to wear clothes of their choice.
- Provide relief from breathing issues.
What are the precautions needed in the post-op period?
The surgery stitches are removed after about 2-3 weeks of surgery, and patients are advised to wear comfortable tops and supportive sports bras to support the breast day and night. Aestiva Clinic ensures the patient recovers with proper medication and no complications.
- It is advised that the patient sleeps in an upright position for at least a few weeks after the surgical procedure.
- Lifting heavy stuff, weight training, and gymming is prohibited so as not to put any force or hurt the surgical areas.
- Driving should be avoided for a couple of weeks.
- A healthy diet should be added in the routine; consuming protein and required vitamins and minerals are vital to facilitate wound healing.
- Heavy exercise is prohibited as it can cause stress at the surgical site.
- Take plenty of rest and avoid stress.
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
Note: The patient should not plan pregnancy until one year after the surgical procedure.
Dr. Mrinalini Sharma always focuses on discussing the desired results with her patients prior to the surgery to avoid any confusion and achieve optimum results. One can visit at Aestiva Plastic Surgery Clinic or book a consultation with Dr. Mrinalini Sharma for further information.
6. Significant difference in breast size with one breast much larger than the other.
a. Decreased or altered nipple sensations.
b. Difficulty in breast feeding
c. Residual asymmetry in case of pre-existing difference in breast size
a. Vertical scar extending from the nipple to the breast crease
b. T shaped scar.
The vertical limb of the scar extends from the nipple to the breast crease and the transverse part of the t lies along the breast crease.
The excision of excess fat depends upon the size of the breast and required volume of the breast to be achieved. Various techniques involve incision lines that vary from patient to patient. In a traditional breast reduction surgery, one can expect some degree of scarring, and the scar will be horizontal and more prominent than in a vertical incision surgery.
In some cases, liposuction can also be used for breast reduction where only one small incision is placed in the less prominent areas such as the arms and therefore is referred to as scar-free breast reduction surgery.
Scars will be slightly raised and red for a few months after the procedure. The visibility of scar also depends upon the technique used by the surgeon and level of aftercare. A skilled surgeon positions the scar very discreetly and offers the tools and techniques that enhance the healing process.
Does Breast Reduction surgery interfere with breastfeeding?
At Aestiva Clinic, the breast reduction surgery is performed by female plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Mrinalini Sharma, and the procedure is carried out with proper techniques. However, there can be cases where women won’t be able to breastfeed their children. This treatment is entirely cosmetic based on the degree of the reduction of the breast size. Therefore, it is advisable to discuss the issue with the surgeon during the consultation.
The results are long-term in most of the cases. There can be some exceptions like aging, and excessive weight gain can cause loose and sagging breasts once again. However, the disproportionate increase in the size of the breast does not recur after the surgery.
Men with gynecomastia or large male breast can opt for male breast reduction surgery to achieve a more masculine chest profile. To get a cost-effective and safe breast reduction surgery in Delhi visit today at Aestiva Clinic.