Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon In Delhi
Rhinoplasty, commonly referred as nose surgery, is done to correct cosmetic deformities or functional problems related to the nose. Cosmetic rhinoplasty surgery is performed for a person when he/she is not satisfied with the shape or structure of their nose. The aim of rhinoplasty surgery is to create a nose structure that suits the patient’s face without disturbing the functions of the nose.
A normal healthy adult over the age of 17 years can be considered a good candidate for rhinoplasty. The most common indications are-
- Dissatisfaction with the shape or size of the nose
- A broad nose with a bulbous tip
- Any trauma resulting in the distortion of the nose
- Congenital deformities like those associated with a cleft lip.
- Deviated septum of the nose or a crooked nose
- A bump in nasal dorsum
Rhinoplasty or nasal surgery basically consists of two categories as given below:
- Open Rhinoplasty: This is the most commonly performed type of rhinoplasty. It is most often used for correction of tip deformities such as a broad nasal tip, drooping nose, flared nostrils or a broad nasal base. The incision for this surgery is placed on the skin between the nostrils. This approach gives the surgeon an excellent view of patient’s nasal anatomy.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: This category involves an incision inside the nose, just near the nostril rim. It is used in correcting nasal bony deformities and deformities of the septum. The downtime is lesser as compared to an open rhinoplasty. This also causes less swelling and bruising in the post-op period.
The most common risks associated with a rhinoplasty procedure are the infection, adverse reaction to the anesthesia, and excessive bleeding. They feel discomfort due to swelling in the post-op period which can take upto 3 months to resolve.
Rhinoplasty is generally be performed under general anesthesia and the entire surgery typically lasts for 2-3 hrs. Depending on your situation and expectations from the treatment, the doctor will identify which type of technique an open or closed rhinoplasty that can be used to get effective results in return. The nasal dorsum, tip, and nostrils are then addressed in the same order. Incisions are closed and the nostrils are packed with gauze. Usually, a nasal splint is also applied.
You will be advised and required to wear a nasal splint for the first 7-10 days after your surgery. Internal nasal splints will be removed within 7-10 days after the operation and the external splint will be removed at the same time. Initially, you may have moderate swelling and bruising around the eyes that could last up to few weeks after the surgery. Icing or cold compresses will be advised to patients for three to four times in a day that will help to reduce the swelling faster. Most of the bruising subside in about 3 to 4 weeks and any remaining bruises can be covered with makeup after a week. Strenuous activity should be prohibited for up to four weeks after the surgery.
Results from a rhinoplasty surgery will be visible to patients once the swelling goes down and bruises subside and after removal of the nasal splint by your concerned physician. Nasal breathing is also difficult for about 3 weeks after the surgery due to swelling. Most, if not all, of the swelling is gone two to three months after you have the surgery performed. Your nose gradually becomes more refined over the following months.
Monday to Saturday : 10:00am - 7:00pm | Sunday : Closed