Hymenoplasty Surgery in Delhi
Hymen Repair or Virginity Restoration Surgery in Delhi involves the repair of the existing hymen or creation of an artificial one. For centuries, an intact hymen has been considered as a sign of virginity. However, the hymen can be torn due to various other reasons also which include tampon insertion,horse riding, or certain forms of exercise.
The hymen is a thin membrane-like structure which covers the vaginal opening.
Hymenoplasty in Delhi is quite common nowadays and the procedure of hymen restoration is usually desired by:
1. Women who have had a prior sexual relationship but want an intact hymen prior to marriage.
2. In certain societies where social norms emphasise the importance “bleeding” during the first night of married life. In these communities,women often feel the fear of being ostracised if their hymen is absent at the time of marriage due to the high social prejudice attached to virginity.
3. Rape victims who feel the psychological need to be restored to there prior state. At times,victims of sexual assault feel the need a procedure to give them of a fresh start while coping with their sense of devaluation and abuse. It gives them a sense of personal ownership and helps them cope with their past traumatic experience.
How is the procedure performed?
Dr. Mrinalini Sharma, the best hymenoplasty surgeon in Delhi performs hymen restoration techniques which vary from person to person depending on the presence or absence of hymenal tags. These include:
1. Suturing of the torn ends of a recently torn hymen or simple hymenorrhaphy.
2. In cases where the hymen is congenitally absent or when the hymenal tags can’t be repaired, a new hymen needs to be created. This is done by using the lining of the vagina. This procedure has a longer period of recovery and requires at least 2 months of abstinence from sexual intercourse.
What is the expected course and recovery period?
The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia and is a day care procedure. You will be discharged after a couple of hours. Depending on the patient and the type of procedure involved, recovery can take anywhere from a few days to as much as 6 weeks. While you can normally return to work within a few days, a period of 6 wks is usually recommended you are physically ready for sexual intercourse.
After the recovery period, there are no tell–tale signs of the surgery and your hymen will be in exactly the same state that it was in prior to its rupture. When you have sexual intercourse following your recovery, the hymen will rupture. A certain amount of bleeding can result after an intercourse as with a virginal hymen.
To know more about Hymenoplasty Cost in Delhi, please feel free to contact us.
Submit your review