Breast Lift Surgery
Mastopexy as Plastic Surgeons call it, Breast Lift Treatment is a procedure where excess skin is removed and your breasts are contoured to give it a lift or raise. The size of the areola (the dark middle part of the breasts) can also be reduced with the Breast lift Surgery. The reasons why women’s breast sag can be one of the following:
2. Fluctuations in Weight
5. Genetic or Hereditary factors
Many of the patients assume that the breast lift can enhance their breast size and make it look fuller, which isn’t true. If you intend to have fuller breasts, Dr. Mrinalini advises you to undergo Breast Augmentation Treatment. A Breast Lift Surgery can help you in contouring your breasts and tighten the surrounding tissues to make it more firm.
Who is an ideal candidate?
1. Sagging breast following breast feeding
2. Nipple pointing downwards and extending below the breast crease
3. Flattened upper part of breast
4. Assymetry in breast size or shape
5. Age related changes like stretch marks,enlarged nipple and areola and loose skin.
1. Periareolar mastopexy: This involves a circular scar around the nipple area. This is suitable if only a modest amount of laxity exist. The scar is at the junction of the areola and breast tissue and becomes almost imperceptible over time.
2. Vertical/lollipop mastopexy: This involves a vertical line starting from the nipple to the breast crease. This suffices if a little amount of skin needs to be excised.
3. Inverted T pattern/Wise resection: This involves a scar with a vertical limb which starts from the nipple and ends at the breast crease. The transverse limb of the scar lies along the breast crease. This pattern is used when there is a significant amount of skin sagging.