An arm lift or Brachioplasty is a surgical procedure to reshape and aims to provide improved contour to the upper arms and connecting area of the chest wall. It is commonly used as a particular procedure for the tightening and contouring loose upper arm skin. It is used to address issues such as excessive loose skin or excessive fat in the arms which often remains following massive weight loss such as in a post bariatric surgery.
Who is a candidate?
1. A healthy individual who has achieved a stable weight and has a BMI(Body Mass Index) less than 28 and who have lost a substantial weight loss (over 20 kg)
2. Bat winged appearance of the upper arm
3. Stretch marks over the arm
4. Loose sagging skin
5. Arms disproportionately large when compared to forearms
6. Excess fat in the underarm
The procedure is done under general anesthesia. Post surgery, you will be asked to wear a compression garment to ensure contouring. Smoking, alcohol, lifting weights and heavy exercises are to be restricted for upto 4 weeks after the procedure.
Book an Appointment
Submit your review